Background: Detail telephoto in Pompidou Museum of Modern Art, Paris. © Dan Abelow.
Replace the most important section of the website of a $6 billion corporation. User research was done. Three design options were developed. This usability test determined the strengths and weaknesses of each design, the customers' mental models and the new combination design for the next stage of development and testing.
As managers direct the business, are they aligned with customers? Do they fit the customers' needs in product positioning, content and goals? This study determined how to maintain market leadership by maximizing customer success and satisfaction, while meeting the objectives of the business managers.
As agile and lean processes become the norm, speed and scale have become UX core competencies. A rapid user testing framework learns real user insights that show teams what works, what doesn't and the top improvement priorities. At this client a strategic user research framework increased both quality and speed through 90 UX projects that transformed a major corporate website during years of rapid business growth and constant UX improvements.
Example Projects for Clients
As Breakthrough Usability, provided hundreds of engagements to leading companies. Some examples include:
- Cross-BU task force that increased SMB revenues from $250M to $1.1B in one year, and $4B in 3 years. Raised numerous SMB products to #1 in their category.
- “Ease of Use” Architect: Processes improved thousands of systems per year. Created custom ease of use processes that were tested and certified formally, then added to global development processes. Assisted worldwide implementation. Used these processes to help this firm win the largest contract in its history.
- One of the world's largest e-commerce websites — 90+ projects: Raised customer success in all areas of online business operations: Revenues, support, products, content, navigation, search, jobs, news, etc.
- Ease of use for a global Intranet that delivers resources to thousands of project teams: Drove ease of use process that transformed this from sprawling to a central platform for this firm’s operations. Named “Innovation Scan #17”, one of the most valuable global innovations in the firm’s history.
- For multiple vendors, facilitated large, targeted key customer meetings around the world. Range from small groups to large multi-day meetings.
Breakthrough UX now merges new strategy, technology and services to help build your company's leadership of your industry, and our fast-arriving Digital Earth.
Experience and Expertise:
Build Your Team
How are you going to win against the billion-user platforms, AI's and voice bots from Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft and Apple?